Total Time | Prep Time | Cook Time
40 minutes 15 minutes 25 minutes
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 2 cups water (480 mL)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup sushi rice, rinsed until the water runs clear (200 g)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup rice vinegar (60 mL)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs (15 g)
- ½ teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (60 g)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 16 oz crab, 2 cans, drained (455 g)
- 1 Persian cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons nori, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallion, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger
- 1 avocado, diced
In a small pot, season the water with a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add the rinsed rice and return to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to simmer, and cook for 20 minutes, until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
In a small bowl, stir together the sugar, salt, and rice vinegar. Microwave for 2 minutes, or until the sugar dissolves.
Transfer the cooked rice to a medium bowl and pour the vinegar mixture over it, then stir well using a wooden spoon.
Heat the canola oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the panko and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and remove from the heat.
In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and Sriracha until smooth.
To assemble the bowls, divide the seasoned rice between 2 serving bowls. Top with the crab, crispy panko, cucumber, radish, nori, scallions, sesame seeds, pickled ginger, and avocado. Drizzle the Sriracha mayonnaise over the top.