Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 3 cups zucchini, chopped(450 g)
- 2 cups water (470 mL)
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese, vegetarian (50 g)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup flour (60 g)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat add zucchini and water. Let steam for 5 minutes, or until slightly tender.
- Drain the zucchini and let cool in a medium mixing bowl.
- Once cool add Parmesan cheese, egg, flour, minced garlic, salt, and lemon to a bowl and mix until the mixture has a semi-creamy texture.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat and add vegetable oil.
- Use a spoon to scoop out medium dollops of mixture and place it in the pan. Let cook on each side for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.